Parallaxian Logo Reveal
It's finally here, the official logo for Parallaxian, my next generation Commodore 64 game in development, presented in all its Photoshopped web-ready splendour:
The design brief I gave myself was this:
- The logo must be in high resolution and use no angles, slopes or curves that would imbue it with any blockiness.
- It must be evocative of the decade of the Commodore 64's primacy, the 1980s, without falling prey to any aspect of the worst excesses of misguided C64 logo design in said era.
- It should also be distinctive and unique, avoiding the "sameness" of other C64 game logos as much as reasonably possible.
- It should, above all, convey the ostentatious ambitions of the game.
So no big challenge, right?
Well... In the end, I said sod it and let's just see what can be done with Def Leppard's and Ratt's angular logos.
A few days of tinkering on the char editor and I had the basic idea drilled down; it would take another few weeks of (on and off) panel-beating to get it to where it is now; the image below shows some of the steps along the way.
The web version - which incidentally forms the basis of the planned packaging and promotional materials - was ported directly from the C64 char original and worked up with photo-editing
Anyway, I hope you like it even half as much as I do!
Help Make Parallaxian Happen!
...and get special perks!
Progress on Parallaxian has slowed down since summer 2021 for several reasons, one of which has been the very low level of support from
the C64 scene which has made it difficult to continue justifying to my family the long hours of hard work a project as complex as this requires.
Now, I understand these are difficult times and I admit I am not entitled to any support at all, but it really does encourage me to continue developing this sensational game when you make a regular Paypal donation.
And as a special thank you, all who do this can enjoy the following perks:
- Your name credited in the game (unless you opt out of it if you have the same kind of incognito hermit tendencies I do).
- Access to the ongoing beta-testing of the game (unless you would prefer not to see it before its release date).
- The finished game on media (e.g. cartridge) for FREE one week before its release.